Glitter, glitter everywhere!


When you have a young daughter, glitter will be everywhere.  Glitter comes with dolls and birthday cards and tiaras and nail polish, and I'm pretty sure that every little girl actually produces glitter in her hair follicles while she sleeps.  So with a five-year-old stepdaughter at home, I am never surprised to find sparkles on my suit when I show up in court or pink glitter in the baby's diaper.  

But now, glitter really is everywhere -- embedded in the carpet and mixed in with the guest bedding.  A few weeks ago, I bought three small containers of colorful glitter to use for arts and crafts projects with "Sissy" (as she will be known on this blog).  While working on another art project, she had a great idea:
  1. Pour the three containers of glitter into an empty wrapping paper roll. 
  2. Throw the wrapping paper roll across the family room.  
Glitter, glitter everywhere, but she was so excited about it that I couldn't be even a little bit annoyed.  

Fast forward a few days, and we were setting up the materials for another project (salt dough hand prints, which I will report on soon!).  I thought adding glitter to the mix would make for pretty results, but then realized we had no more (contained) glitter.  

Sissy asked why we couldn't put glitter in the salt dough, and I explained that I had bought three containers of glitter, and she used all three to make her glitter bomb.  Without hesitation, she replied, "Well.  You should have bought four."

Hard to argue with that logic, but we have not yet restocked the glitter supply ... although I found some sparkles in my briefcase!

Comments

Popular Posts